Saturday, December 22, 2018

Aditi Rao Hydari opens up on her #MeToo experience, says it made her lose work for eight months

Aditi Rao Hydari recently opened up on her #MeToo experience at a conclave held in Vishakhapatnam. She said that she was shocked when it first happened to her. She said at the conclave, "I remember when I started, I was extra-naive because I came from a protected background. I didn t know that the rumours were true, that things like this did happen. And honestly, I have not had such a bad time. I had one incident which actually didn t harm me very much. But yes, I did lose work because I was given a choice - it s either this or this. For me, it was a no-brainer. I had to walk away." The actress who is now seen at Varun Tej's Antariksham said that she felt hopeless after that incident and thought that she did never get work. She said she got work after eight months. Aditi said that victims should be given their time to come out and speak up about the incidents. She said at the event, "I think you should speak about something only when you are ready. And when you don t talk about it, people are like, Oh, they were paid off or oh, they were silenced'."

Earlier, she had told the publication Sunday Guardian, "I did lose work and I cried about it. I didn t regret it but I cried about it because I felt so upset that this was true and this is how girls are treated. I was like, how dare someone speak to me like that! For about eight months [after the incident] I didn t get work, but I feel that decision made me stronger in my intention about the kind of work I wanted to do."

 

 


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: