Thursday, January 3, 2019

Ranveer Singh's Simmba set to BEAT Tiger Shroff's Baaghi at the box office - here's how

Ranveer Singh's Simmba has turned out be a huge money spinner at the worldwide box office. In just six days, the masala cop entertainer has grossed over Rs 228 crore at the global market thus making it a smash hit at the ticket windows. The film will cross the worldwide collections of Tiger Shroff's Baaghi 2 (Rs 244 crore) today and will become the fifth highest grosser of 2018 after Sanju, Padmaavat, Race 3 and Thugs of Hindostan.

Looking at the current buzz of the film, we are sure that the film will enter the Rs 200 crore club in the domestic market. "It is an incredibly humbling moment for me. As an artist, I have always tried to experiment and I'm happy that my content choices are being loved by audiences who want to see me break my mould every single time I come on screen," Ranveer said in a statement. (Also Read: After the stupendous success of Simmba, Ranveer Singh looking forward to his next collaboration with Rohit Shetty)

Ranveer's performance as the corrupt police officer Simmba, who has a moral turnaround to become the saviour of justice, has been getting positive response from critics and audiences. Rohit Shetty's Simmba, an action-comedy drama, revolves around a corrupt police officer who eventually stands up against rapist. Ranveer thanked Shetty for the success of "Simmba".

"The record-breaking opening of 'Simmba' is for the entire team to cherish and I thank Rohit Shetty for believing in me and trusting that I can do his masala cop film convincingly." He continued: "It was not an easy role to pull off but I put my head down and put in the work and I'm overwhelmed with the love that has been poured on Simmba. Rohit has an incredible hit ratio and he has hit 'Simmba' out of the park. The success of the film belongs to him and his phenomenal team who are there for him and beside him at all times."


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: