Thursday, January 3, 2019

Alia Bhatt reveals she said yes to Takht even before hearing the script, says "I’d do this only for Karan Johar”

Karan Johar made everyone sit up when he announced Takht. The mega-budget multi-starrer featuring some of the biggest contemporary Bollywood stars is the filmmaker's first historical. The film traces the relationship between Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb and his brother, Dara Shukoh. While Ranveer Singh will be seen playing the idealistic Dara, Vicky Kaushal is the self-obsessed, tyrannical ruler Aurangzeb. The film also stars Anil Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar and Kareena Kapoor Khan. In fact, and we were the first one to confirm, Alia Bhatt is also a part of the film where she has been paired with Vicky. The two have shared screen space before in the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Raazi and we can't wait to see them together again.

While that is in the know, the fact that Alia didn't know about the story of Takht, until recently, is news. In an interview with Hindustan Times, Alia confessed that she said yes to the ambitious project after one phone call from the filmmaker. She said, "Honestly, I don t know what Takht is about. Karan called me one day and said, 'I am making this film and you have to be a part of it.' So, I said, 'Okay, I am not even listening to the script; you know I ve to be a part of it.' It s only recently when we were in Bulgaria that I said, accha bata do kya kar rahi hoon main film mein. But I d do this only with Karan because he is somebody whom I will blindly work with." She also added, "Even if I am doing something, I will drop it all to work with him. That s how much I love and owe him."

While that is that, on the other hand, Ranveer Singh will be romancing Janhvi Kapoor. KJo is donning the director's mantle two years after the blockbuster, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. In between, he directed a story in Lust Stories but then it was for the web, as a part of an anthology. Even for Alia, big moolah is riding on her shoulders with Takht. Others in the pipeline are Gully Boy alongside Ranveer and Brahmastra with beau Ranbir Kapoor.

 


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: