Thursday, January 3, 2019

Ranveer Singh's Simmba grosses over Rs 225 crore at the global box office

Director Rohit Shetty's Simmba has not only set the box office on fire in India but has also done phenomenal business in the international markets. Till now, the masala commercial entertainer has grossed Rs 173.78 crore (nett Rs 139.04 crore) at the domestic market and Rs 55.06 at the overseas box office. The film currently stands with the grand total of Rs 228.84 crore. The film will end its opening week around Rs 242 crore at the global market.

Talking about the film, Ranveer said: "I had never done this kind of out and out masala entertainer -- a kind of movie I had always wanted to do. I'm extremely grateful to the audience for the love they have showered on my performance and on the film. It is encouraging and truly humbling. It has been an absolutely incredible year for me, and the success of Simmba makes it an ideal way to end the year on a huge, huge high."

Ranveer credits the success of Simmba to Shetty's vision and said, "I want to thank Rohit Shetty for believing in me and making me his hero. Rohit's vision propelled by the collective effort of his entire team has been the sole reason behind Simmba hitting the bullseye. It has been an absolute honour to work with him and his stellar team. Their large-hearted mentoring and exemplary work ethic has spurred a tremendous growth in me as a performer. "I am looking forward to our next creative collaboration," he said.


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: