Thursday, December 6, 2018

Sushant Singh Rajput on Kedarnath: It is a film that talks about the importance of coming together

Sushant Singh Rajput will be seen this week in Kedarnath. The film, which is made by his Kai Po Che director Abhishek Kapoor is based on the devastating floods that happened in Uttarakhand. The actor plays the part of a Muslim pithoo, Mansoor who falls in love with a Hindu girl, Mukku. His last film Raabta tanked at the box office, so Kedarnath is an important film for him to come back from that failure. Commenting on it, he said, "Now, the last thing (film's release) is left. I cannot do anything now but wait for the results. I do films for different reasons and all of them are important." The actor elaborated on it further by saying, "When you come and watch it, you will see it. This will happen only when you'll like the trailer. In between, I promote it. My hope is that you should not be disappointed about investing two hours of your time for the film. Otherwise, it is time enough to move on."

 

The actor spoke about how he needed something new in every film to keep him stimulated. "If there was no risk, I would not do it. I have to be consistently engaged to do a good job. If it's otherwise, it won't be able to do a good job. I will try to do my best but you will not like it. This (sense of engagement) is something I work on. I feel I am doing something for 12 years not because I am good but because I find a reason seductive enough to keep me engaged," said the MS Dhoni actor. Kedarnath is a love story set in the backdrop of the temple town and Sushant says it was the emotions that connected him to the script. He said, "We should start with love. It is reason enough to come together. One can argue on meanings but not on feelings. It is not subjective. When the script was read out, it had all the emotions that felt together. While films are for entertainment, this one talks about the importance of coming together. Plus, it had elements that I could understand but had not felt, some that I had felt and wanted to relive." The actor is also kicked about the underwater sequences in the film. "I was unsure if I could do it but sure that I can do it," he signs off.

 

 


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: