Monday, November 26, 2018

Ayushmann Khurranaa BEATS Varun Dhawan at the box office - here's how

Ayushmann Khurrana and Sanya Malhotra starrer Badhaai Ho has now become the biggest hit of the year if we are considering all small films like Raazi, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety and Stree. It is currently the sixth highest grosser of the year after Sanju, Padmaavat, Race 3, Baaghi 2 and Thugs of Hindostan. Apart from the domestic circuit, it has also performed phenomenally well in the international markets. The film has already crossed the Rs 200 crore mark and currently stands with the grand total of Rs 217 crore.

With this collection, the film has surpassed the lifetime business of Varun Dhawan's Judwaa 2 (Rs 216.62 crore). Looking at the current scenario, we are expecting the film to end its theatrical run around Rs 225 crore. Badhaai Ho has turned out to be the most profitable venture of the year thanks to its smart economics. (Also Read: Ayushmann Khurrana's Badhaai Ho set to BEAT Rajkummar Rao's Stree to become sixth highest grosser of 2018)

Talking about the great response, Ayushmann earlier said, "It is an overwhelming and a humbling moment for me as an actor. As an artiste, I have always backed concepts, filmmakers who were doing clutter breaking work. I think I have been lucky enough in my journey to have got the right films and I'm thankful to all my filmmakers for believing in me." Talking about his script-selection process, he said, "It gives me more confidence that my script selection is right. I've always made my own decisions and selected a script on my own conviction. It's a great validation and it's a great boost to my confidence as far as choosing the scripts is concerned."


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: