Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Daayan actress Tinaa Dutta opens up about abusive relationship: I would get bashed up even in front of my friends

Remember the meek and docile Iccha from Colors' hit show Uttaran? TV actress Tinaa Dattaa played the character on-screen and won a lot of hearts. But if you thought that she is like her character in real life, you're mistaken. She is fierce, bold and now the protagonist of another hit show Daayan. But there was a point in her life but nothing seemed right, including her personal life that was crippling under the weight of a failed and abusive relationship.

In an interview with Times of India, the actress opened about her wounds and how she put a strong face after getting beaten for five long years. Seemingly, she remained quiet because she cared for the guy and wanted the relationship to work at any cost. She said, "I was in a relationship with a non-industry guy for five years. We had met through common friends. But I called time on it, because he was extremely abusive, verbally and physically. I would get bashed up even in front of my friends. I went bonkers to an extent that my confidence took a beating. I never wanted to go public with my relationship, but I feel that it s time to speak up."

However, that hasn't thrown her off love and she is still waiting for the one to make her fall in love again. "I want to settle down and not go about having affairs and then nursing heartbreaks. I have always wanted a love marriage, but God is not sending anyone my way. I don t want to marry someone from the industry, especially an actor, as the relationship will be marred by insecurities. I have seen several failed marriages between actors," she added.

Not just that, she revealed that she had to wait a long before work came her way after Uttaran and even spilled beans about her dynamic with then co-star Rashami Desai. She stated, "Uttaran' was a big show and Ichha became synonymous with me. I tasted success at a very young age, and so, I had to wait patiently. It can get tough, as actors have to take care of their EMIs and lifestyle. Fortunately, I had enough savings. Initially, I enjoyed that phase, it felt like a much-deserved holiday. But after a point, it became frustrating. After a show ends, you start from scratch giving auditions and waiting for a positive outcome. It s depressing when things don t work out, but you have to be really strong and positive at that time."

Addressing the rumours of her spat with Rashami she said, "To be honest, Rashami and I never had a catfight. We could have had our own mood swings, personal issues and family problems. People exaggerated small issues for publicity stunts and made stories. Rashmi and I have always supported each other. I am in touch with her. In fact, we are neighbours and good friends. We hang around, and even attend events and parties together."


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: