Thursday, December 13, 2018

Remembering Smita Patil: Raj Babbar along with son Prateik Babbar pay heartfelt tributes to the actress on her 32nd death anniversary - view pics

Smita Patil was one of the finest actors that Indian cinema had. The actress did more than 80 Hindi and Marathi films during her film career. She entered Bollywood with Shyam Benegal s Charandas Chor and left a mark unlike anyone else. Apart from films, she is was known as a feminist too. She was involved in the advancement of women's issues and gave her endorsement to films which sought to explore the role of women in a traditional Indian society. The late actress also won the Padma Shri Award. Smita s last performance as the feisty Sonbai in Mirch Masala was one of the greatest that she delivered. (Also Read: Amitabh Bachchan: Smita Patil had a bad dream about me before Coolie accident)

Needless to say, her demise, within two weeks of giving birth to son Prateik due to childbirth complications, left an irreplaceable void in the fabric of Indian cinema. In fact, today marks the 32nd death anniversary of the legend and her absence is still haunting her fans. Even husband Raj Babbar took to Twitter to post a heartfelt tribute for the icon. Sharing a beautiful picture from her hay days, he wrote, "Nature gave you such a short span, yet you lived such a fulfilling life. Your journey may have finished but the memories get enriched every single day. Remembering Smita. It's been 32 years that you left for another world this day. To absorb this, is still difficult."

Not just him, even son Prateik Babbar shared an emotional note on Instagram and it will break your heart. The caption read, "32 years since she left us. my heart skips a beat every time I think of her.. my heart is restless.. yet perfectly content..my veins feel heavy. I can feel my blood..it feels so warm..she takes me in..she takes my breath...she is my breath.. she is my air.. she is my soul.. she is me. rest in power. my beautiful "

She had also received National Awards for films like Bhumika and Chakra. Namak Halaal, Chakra, Bazaar, Arth and Mandi are some of her other iconic films.


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: