Saturday, December 15, 2018

From dreaming of swimming like Aquaman to wondering if Secret Sea is located in the Bermuda Triangle – thoughts that crossed my mind while watching the film

It was a pleasant Thursday night when I walked into a theatre in Bandra, Mumbai, preparing myself to see Aquaman. I had read the reviews, I knew a couple of spoilers and well, I was smitten by Jason Momoa. The preview show was packed with nerds, who were hoping that DC finally breaks away from the curse of bad movies and delivers a decent, if not a great movie. I had the same thought. I found my seat and with my fingers crossed, I took a deep breath and let James Wan take me on a ride.

While my review already said what I thought of the movie it is a visual delight that every DC fan (and non-DC fan) is going to enjoy, there were other thoughts which crossed my mind when I watched Aquaman. Since I couldn t share those random thoughts in my review, I decided to let you in on what was going on in my head while I watched Aquaman unfold.

Obviously: Spoiler Alert!

Oh my, Jason Momoa!

I have to get it out of my system I couldn t take my eyes off Momoa. The Hawaiian actor had three qualities which won my heart: good looks, good looks and good looks. There was a point when I began wondering what it would be like to date someone like him.

All Hail Queen Nicole:

Although she had a small role, Nicole Kidman s fight sequence in the beginning of the movie took my breath away. Man, do women in Hollywood don t age? She wasn t just drop dead gorgeous, her fight moves made me want to take up martial arts.

Forget flying I want to swim like Aquaman:

All superheroes are associated with flying but when I watched Arthur Curry swim with the dolphins and explore the deepest secrets of the ocean, I wanted to swim like him. Watching Arthur swim felt so liberating.

So much wine wasted:

There is a scene in the movie when Mera (played by Amber Heard) is fighting King Orm s soldier sent to nab her. The comic book character, who has the ability to control the tides, unleashes a tornado of wine and uses it to fight against the villainous army. While the fight sequence featuring Mera was mind-blowing, I couldn t help but whisper beneath my breath, 'look at how much wine has been wasted!'

Is the Secret Sea located under the Bermuda Triangle?

As dumb as this sounds, for a split second I took Aquaman out of the comics and began thinking to myself, is the Secret Sea located underneath the Bermuda Triangle? Given how every ship which crosses through the patch disappears under mysterious circumstances. Well, what if these Trench's attack them and they disappear. Yes, my imagination runs wild.

I want to live in the light house:

Look at the light house shown in the movie and ask yourself, don t you want to grow up in a beautiful place like that?

Why does that trident look like Trishul?

I am not lying, Indian mythological goddesses crossed my mind when I saw Aquaman s golden trident.

Oh well, these were some random thoughts my e-mail draft folder held on to when I watched Aquaman.

What were your thoughts when you watched the film? Tweet to @bollywood_life and let us know your thoughts.


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: