Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Deepika Padukone to pair up with Vikrant Massey in Meghna Gulzar's Chhapaak

Deepika Padukone will soon return to a film set post her wedding to Ranveer Singh. She had no release post-Padmaavat and used the time to prepare for her November wedding which makes us believe even celebrities like to plan their big moment extensively. Now the actress will start shooting for Chhapaak, a film on acid-attack victim Lakshmi Agarwal which will be directed by Meghna Gulzar. And the latest development on that one is that Vikrant Massey has joined the cast and made it a film that we all are excitingly looking forward to.

Speaking about Vikrant's selection, Meghna Gulzar told Mumbai Mirror, "The cast is slowly coming together. Vikrant is somebody I ve wanted to work with since Raazi, after seeing him in A Death in the Gunj. In the film, he plays a North Indian boy who used to be a professional before he decided to become an actor, then, started a campaign against acid violence which is how he came to meet Laxmi in real life. I speak for both Deepika and myself when I say that we are both really excited to have Vikrant play this part."

Speaking about the name of the film, Gulzar revealed, "The latter spoke to me strongly and resonated with everyone I bounced it off as it conveys that the film is about acid violence almost immediately and quite effortlessly." In fact, it was Vishal Bharadwaj who introduced the idea to Gulzar. "I thank my stars that I had the presence of mind to say yes . Raazi again was a story that picked me. Two different producers wanted me to adapt the novel on screen, Calling Sehmat, so I thought I needed to tell it. But after Talvar I was looking to create my own content and while researching something else, I came across different stories of acid attack survivors. Laxmi s stood out because of how important it has been in terms of its social and legal implications, reveals the filmmaker.


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: