Wednesday, November 28, 2018

'I was 96 kgs and a nerd when I told my mom I want to be an actress,' says Sara Ali Khan ahead of Kedarnath's release

There's a current wave going on and we have jumped on the wagon. If you haven't noticed it yet, we are talking about Sara Ali Khan and her infectious candour that has got everyone talking. From an unapologetic sense of individuality to an arresting yet refreshing screen-presence, Sara, it seems, is here to stay. The debutante is all set to debut with Abhishek Kapoor's Kedarnath alongside Sushant Singh Rajput and it's one that has us counting days. And if the buzz is anything to go by, the frenzy is only increasing as we speak. The starlet is also spitting image of star parents Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh and is super easy on the eyes. We are not ashamed to say this; it is one of the many things we dig! (Also Read: Kedarnath dialogue promo: Sara Ali Khan gives us a glimpse of Mukku's spunk as she wishes that her dad gets jailed - watch video!)

Apart from that, she is as candid as a kite! In a recent interview with Ahmedabad Mirror, Sara opened up about the time she decided to get into the world of showbiz. When quizzed as to when did she have the realisation, she said, "When I weighed 96 kg. I d been putting on weight rapidly, despite warnings, and when I was this huge nerd who d just completed her second year at the (Columbia) University, I told mom one night that I wanted to be an actress. She pointed out that I had everything going for me and had let it all get away. But the thing about me is if I m totally convinced about something, without any kind of external pressure, I will do it. In one year, I completed the course which was still a year away from completion and managed to lose all the extra weight."

She even spoke about Kareena Kapoor Khan, who has gone ahead and said that Sara will be one of the brightest stars. "Much as I appreciate people related to me saying sweet stuff about me, I cannot take it too seriously. I have said this about my parents, best friends and I ll say it about Kareena too. Saying that I m going to be a star Well, she s not going to say I am not going to make it, right? But it s the audience who will decide if they like me or not," she stated. Not just that she also spilled beans about the dynamics between them and added, "There s never been even a moment of confusion in my equation with Kareena and problems arise only when you re unsure of the tonality. Kareena was never endeavouring to be my mother. She is a nice, very genuine person. My father doesn t live with us, but he s always been there for me whenever I need him and anybody who makes him happy, makes me happy. It means the world to me to have both my parents happy and anyone who facilitates that is on my list of people I love."

It doesn't end there. She also opened up about her bond with Taimur and Ibrahim. Speaking about the same, she told the publication, "Both are bundles of cuteness and equally naughty. Their naughtiness takes different shapes because they are of different sizes. Taimur s still a child and I can t wait for him to grow up to bond with him. Ibrahim s 18 and we re very close. There s nothing about me he doesn t know while I know just 10 per cent of his life because he can be somewhat shady (chuckles). My mom, Ibrahim and I are a close unit." Kedarnath releases on December 7.

 


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: