Saturday, December 8, 2018

Author of The Cut's sexist article 'sincerely apologises' to Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas- read tweet

Earlier, this week, a journalist of The Cut magazine wrote an article questioning Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas' wedding. Not only that, the lady journo in question even called PeeCee as a global scam artiste. Minutes after the article was made online, it received outrage from the Twitterati, Bollywood celebrities and even Priyanka's in-laws. Due to the severe backlash, The Cut had to take down the article and issued an apology which read, "An earlier story about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas did not meet our standards. We've removed it and apologize." And now, the author of the article, Mariah Smith, too has taken the full responsibility and apologised for her words.

"I sincerely apologize to Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas and to the readers I offended and hurt with my words. I do not condone racism, xenophobia, or sexism. I take full responsibility for what I wrote and I was wrong, I am truly sorry," Mariah tweeted.

A few days ago when Priyanka Chopra was asked to comment on the same at an event in Delhi, the global icon had said, "I don't even want to react or comment. It's not even in my stratosphere. I'm in a happy place at this moment. These kinds of random things can't disturb it." Priyanka's mother, Madhu Chopra, too had reacted saying that she doesn't wish to give publicity to the fools. Besides PeeCee's mother, her in-laws, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, had slammed the publication. Now, with an apology from the author of the article, a response from Priyanka is awaited.


by via Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com

No comments: